Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big Head Trina and the Monsters


Big Head Trina and the Husband

Dick is always teasing me because I have such a large head.

It's true. My head is unusually large.
In fact, my calves are unusually large, too (given my size and height).
I suppose one must balance out the other, otherwise, I'd either be really bottom heavy, or I'd be toppling over due to my enormous head.

No, really... my head is huge.

My sister used to think that she had the largest head, but then one night, a few years back, we had a family-head-measuring night (no kidding).

The result:

My sister did not have the largest head (in our family).

It turns out that my Dad and I tied for that title.


The family with the enormous heads
(and the tall white guy with the noticeably smaller cranium)


I don't particularly mind having an enormous head. My rebuttal whenever Dick teases me is that I need a large head to hold my enormous brain!

...which brings me to the point of this blog post.

I just found this article this morning:

The bigger your head, the better your memory?

Here's a short excerpt:

As a general rule, the larger your head circumference measures, the more room there is for brain cells. That means that you’ve got all those extra neurons waiting like the cavalry in reserve when a brain disease like Alzheimer’s strikes, says the study’s lead author Dr. Robert Perneczky, a researcher at the Technical University of Munich in Germany.

Ah-ha!
I knew there was a good reason to have a large head!

Actually, it's funny because I do have a freakishly good memory (for all things trivial - not for things that actually matter...)

My sister is always saying that she relies on me and my good memory to remember things for her.

Clearly, it's because her head is not as gloriously-ginormous as mine.

;)

No comments: