Monday, November 23, 2009

Introducing "Chico"!



I've been meaning to post this picture for a few days.
When I was in Stockton last week, my cousin, Bruce, drove up with his three daughters (who I refer to as my nieces, which I understand can be a bit confusing).

Chico is the latest member of their family.

You see, Youngest (Bruce likes to keep the names of his daughters private, so he refers to them as Eldest, Middle and Youngest) has been wanting a pet dog for a while. Unfortunately, Bruce's current position requires him to travel a lot, and the family agreed early on that they would not be able to get a new pet until after this position ends (next summer). Poor Youngest - she has had a pet dog and a pet rat, but she wasn't quite old enough at the time to really enjoy them. Now that she's older, she's ready to have a pet, but will have to wait a bit longer.

The compromise:
Chico!

Chico is a stuffed-animal life-sized dog that Youngest convinced her Mom to buy. He's adorable, and apparently, goes everywhere with them (which is why I had the pleasure of meeting Chico in Stockton). Chico is always waiting by the front door when the family comes home, and he rides in the back seat, with his head between the two youngest girls when they go out for a drive. He even has his own collar! He's clean, cute, obedient and always happy! What more could you want from a pet?

I told Bruce that he only needs to really worry if we ever see Youngest taking Chico for a walk around the neighborhood. ;)

No comments: