Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Where's the Birdie?

The velociraptors are still here. We've actually had a really nice visit so far.

These birds are really funny. Every morning, I take them out of their houses, and let them out to play on the bed (which is covered with a sheet to avoid, um, bird-stuff). My sister placed on opened paper bag in the center of the bed filled with paper, cardboard and tissues. The birds both LOVE this bag. They spend hours in there. Literally. They usually hang out in there for upwards of 8 hours before I insist that it's time for them to go back home.

What do they do in there? Mostly sleep - they are well over 20 years old, after all. But, once in a while, they'll come out to walk around the bed, eat some crackers, and other times they'll just sit in the bag and sing or whistle. It's pretty funny.

This afternoon, I went in the room to check on them. I peeked in the bag, and only saw one bird. Where's the other one? I looked around the room, and didn't see the other one anywhere. I checked the bag again, and realized that Crissy was hiding her head underneath a tissue, and I could only see her body. I also realize that Bonsai was standing behind her in the bag, and I could only see his head!

Funny birdies!

No comments: