Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Electrician


The Electrical Panels - Before

Today's a big day in the "Great Landscape Project, 2008"! We're having the electrical work done, as well as having the gas line installed.

The electrician just came. We've been exchanging emails and phone calls over the past few days, deciding the best solutions for our project.

Long story short, we're installing a new 3-meter combo panel - one for each of the condos, and one for the backyard. Pretty big job.

When I met with him just now, I told him how nice it was to meet him in person. He started to explain to my contractor and I what the final plan was, and I realized that I wanted to take a picture of the existing electrical panels now, before it all changes. My contractor told him that I've been doing such a great job of documenting the entire project.

That's when the electrician (named Alex) told me that he had seen my website, and read my blog! He said that he'd seen pictures of the backyard, knew that my parents just celebrated their anniversary, and also that I recommended the Swedish Meatballs at IKEA.

:)!

Crack me up!

So, here's a big shout-out going to to "Alex the Electrician"!

I'll post more photos at the end of the day.

My power is going to be cut off for most of the day now, so I'll be relying on the battery life of my laptop, then will take advantage of having a great Internet Cafe just a block away from the house.

No comments: