Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blech.

it's been one of those days...

Okay, not really bad, just not very great.

Mostly it's just that I keep having electronics break all around me, and it's kinda driving me nuts.

MacDreamy is acting up. Again. I'm getting tired of this.

This morning, I decided to finally install Office 2008 for the Mac. I've had the software for a few months, but was holding off on installing it because Dick had heard that it had some major syncing problems. We thought this could possibly cause even more problems than I was already having with syncing with my iPhone.

Well, last weekend, I finally got my iPhone syncing successfully with my newly established iCal. I don't love iCal. In fact, I don't really like it at all, but it'll have to do.

So, today I figured I should bite the bullet and finally upgrade my old Office 2004.

How hard should it be? I've installed dozens of applications to my Mac over the past couple of decades.

The installation seemed to go just fine....

...until it was almost finished, and instead froze my Mac.

Blech.

Long story short: MacDreamy is not working again. The finder doesn't even work, let alone any of my applications.

Luckily, I can still access all of my files with my Handy-Dandy extra Mac laptop that comes in really handy for just such events. I'm managed to copy over all of my super important files on to it, plus I have Time Machine back ups of my computer on an external drive.

I have an appointment tonight with the genius bar at the local Apple Store. I have a hunch that we're going to have to wipe my drive with a clean OS install. Painful, but probably the best idea at this point.

MacDreamy hasn't been all too dreamy this year...

In other news, my Xbox kerbusted last week. I got the all-too-familiar 3-ring circle of death on my Xbox last Wednesday when I was trying to play a friendly game of Rainbow Six: Las Vegas with Dick and Reeves. No go. Three red lights for me. I finally got around to calling Xbox support on Tuesday, and they sent me a nifty box to send my Xbox in for repairs. Again. You may recall that I've been through this with 2 Xbox 360s already. bummer.

Did I mention that I got an urgent call from a web client last night saying that their web site and their email had been down all day? I promised to look into it first thing this morning, which I did. I managed to figure out that their domain name had expired, and gave them the information to reinstate it again. They were very happy by the afternoon.

That was nice. It made me feel like I was able to trouble shoot something.

Dick was working from home today, and was with me when my Mac went all kablooie on me. I was at my wits end, as I'm kind of sick and tired of having computer problems, and not being able to figure out why. He assured me that these problems were pretty complicated, and not something that I would have been able to prevent from happening. I was feeling lame because I've been having to ask him for I.T. help a lot lately.

blech.

No comments: