Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Keeping things in perspective

It's been a heck of a day already, and it's only Noon.

I woke up at 6:30 this morning because someone called, and apparently had the wrong number. Dick woke up after that so he could go play golf. I was planning on sleeping in for another hour or so. It was not to happen: right as Dick was getting ready to leave to came up to tell me that one of the cats had pee-ed on our (good) sofa (again!) downstairs. Oy.

So, I spent the next hour trying my best to clean the sofa. This is the second time it's happened, so it's taking more of a toll on it this time. I walked the accent pillows (the target of the cat pee) to the dry cleaners.

By the time I came back, the main tile guy (not the installer) was here. He seemed anxious and upset that this job has taken longer than he anticipated. While I understand his frustration, I wasn't happy that it was taken out on me, because frankly, I didn't do anything wrong. Grrr.....

I made myself a quick breakfast, then prepared to meet with my contractor at 9:00. He had to give the final measurements for the mirror and the shower glass door. We're getting to the point with the remodel that every detail is important and noticeable, and I'm trying to make sure that everything is done right the first time. That puts me in micro-manage mode. I don't like to be in micro-manage mode, but sometimes, it has to kick in.

By the end of the morning, I had to change my plans to work at the Foundation office today because there's simply too much going on with the bathroom today, and I need to be here to make sure that it all goes right. A little frustrating, but luckily, not a problem.

So, while I'm not having the best day ever, I'm really trying to pause and gain some perspective. There's a lot of bad things going on right now in the world. If the the worst thing I have to worry about are pee-ing cats, and a delayed bathroom remodel, so be it.

We should all be so lucky.

No comments: