Monday, February 13, 2006

There goes 40 minutes of my life that I'll never get back...

...I really hate it when that happens

Today I planned to drive and shop at Trader Joe's. I finished up with one meeting at 3:00, and have another at 4:00. Dick has been asking me to go to Trader Joe's lately because they apparently have these individually-wrapped snack packs that Lora buys and puts into Omar's backpack when he goes to work. Clearly, this act of love demonstrates that in fact, Lora loves Omar more than I love Dick, and the only way to redeem myself is to buy the same little fruit-roll-up-things, and put them in his backpack on his way to work.

We ran into Andrew & Barry during our Sunday afternoon walk yesterday, and Barry was singing the praises of the Trader Joe's on Masonic Ave. I don't make it out to Trader Joe's that often, but when I do, I go to the one off of Folsom. Anyhow, Barry said the one on Masonic was much better, and worth checking out. He also warned me that even though they have their own (large) parking lot, the line to get a parking space could take up to 20 minutes.

So I left my house at 3:00 this afternoon, figuring it wouldn't be as busy in the middle of the afternoon. I spent 20 minutes trying to get there - dodging traffic on Divisadero, and trying to get myself to the correct side of Masonic. And when I finally did, I realized that traffic had stopped.... because there was a line 20 cars deep to park in the Trader Joe's parking lot.

Oy.

So now it's 3:25, and I have an appointment with a client at 4:00. This isn't going to happen....

..and I spent the next 15 minutes driving back home.

Now I have to rethink the whole dinner thing for tonight, and I won't be able to surprise Dick with a loving little snack in his backpack on Valentine's Day. :(

boo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get them from Safeway, not Trader Joe's... and Lora doesn't get them yet, I get them for myself :-).