Monday, December 20, 2004

iSad :(

My iPod is ker-busted :(

I have no idea what happened. I was out on my walk today, and it was fine.
I put it in it's dock when I came home, and it wouldn't connect to the computer. This isn't unusual, so I just rebooted it.

After I rebooted it, it started to make these weird clicking noises. Then, it went to the default startup screen: choosing a language. So, I reluctantly chose English, and went on to find that my drive was wiped of all info. It also won't connect to my computer now. :(

Dick bought this for me as an Xmas present last year. He bought it from Best Buy, and also got the extended 4-year service plan. (always a good thing when you're talking about portable electronics). Now that I'm looking at the receipt, I see it was a year ago exactly. How ironic.

I'm going to make a trip down to Best Buy this afternoon. Hopefully, whatever needs to be done will go smoothly.

This will be interesting.

update

Okay, I'm back from Best Buy. So far, so good.

They took my iPod, my receipt, and my extended-service agreement. They asked what the symptoms were, etc,. They will be sending it off to their repair center, where they will be repairing/replacing the hard drive. If for some reason, they can't repair it, they'll replace my iPod entirely.

They gave me a 2-3 week estimate. That's not bad, but I'll certainly be missing my iPod in the meantime!

So far, I'm fairly impressed with how Best Buy has handled the situation. If all goes as planned, it'll be well worth the amount that we paid for the extended service coverage. Time will tell, of course.

As I mentioned earlier, it's been one year exactly from the date that Dick bought it. Had I needed to rely on the Apple Warranty, it would have expired today. Eek.

No comments: