Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Best of... Part 1

..and speaking of ants... (see earlier post)

This reminded me of the worst/most bizarre ant raid story that I've ever had.

It happened almost six years ago - well before the word "blog" entered my vocabulary.
I did have email, of course, and immediately sent out this story.

Since I have a few good "pre-blog" stories tucked away somewhere, I thought I'd make this the first installment of "The Best of Trina Chow". :)


From: Trina Chow [mailto:trina@sirius.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 1999 11:39 AM
Subject: The wrong way to start a day...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
I am so grossed out right now!
I have to share this with you guys because it's so unbelievably disgusting!

Okay, you know I don't often consider myself a girly-girl, but in this case,
I was the biggest girl in the world....

I came to the gallery to work this morning - The Adlers are out today, so
mind you, I'm flying solo here...
There is a box on my desk, along with all of the other mail for our
neighbors, who don't come in on Tuesdays.
I look closely at the box, and it is COVERED with ants! Not just covered,
but ants are crawling in and out of all of the holes!
I look closer, and notice that there is a HUGE trail of ants going from the
box, across my desk, down the side of the leg, down to the floor, and across
the floor in two directions, going at least 10 feet in each direction
(really, no exaggeration!) To make matters worse, our carpet is a dark
gray/black, so you have to look really closely to find the trail. And, when
you finally do, you realize that the carpet is just crawling with them!!!
YUCK!!!

Mind you, I hate bugs! I don't care how cute they try to represent them in
Computer Generated Animated Movies!

SO, if this wasn't all gross enough, I just had to look at the box to see
where it was from.
Get ready for this:

It was from "Rainbow Meal Worms".

WORMS!!!!!

There was a label on it in bold red which said "LIVE CONTENTS".

OH MY GOD!!! LIVE WORMS!!!!

So, let's recap the scenario: a box of LIVE WORMS sitting on MY desk
attracting thousands of ANTS that are going into the box EATING these LIVE
WORMS!!! And, let's not forget, I'm working by myself today!

Oy. I don't get paid enough to deal with this. No, really. I don't get
paid enough to deal with this!

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. I feel much better now. Now that I've
procrastinated by writing this, I guess I'd better go clean up that mess
now. Yuck.

May your day be much more normal than mine.....
-Trina

PS In case you're wondering, "Why Worms?" Our neighbors, who sell jewelry
shaped as animals are called "For Animal Lovers, Plus". Apparently, this
Rainbow Meal Worms company sent them a box of "Sample Worms" because they
assumed they were a pet store. Unbelievable.

No comments: