Monday, December 15, 2003

New Cell Phone!

Ahhhhh............. don't you just love a little retail therapy?

I bought a new cell phone yesterday! It's so cool, and cute to boot ;)

I've been eyeing a new cell phone for a few months now. My 2-month contract was fulfilled a few months ago, so I've been shopping around for new plans and a new phone.

I've been with Cingular over the past 2 years, and have happy with the plans, and coverage so far. Figured I didn't have any reason to switch to another company. Dick and I came up with the bright idea to have a "family plan" instead of 2 separate plans. We added my phone number on to his existing Cingular account, and only have to pay $9.99/month extra, and we share the minutes. This works out quite well - he has plenty of minutes, and neither of us have ever come close to going over. Also, with one account, they only hit you with all of those unexpected monthly taxes and fees once - no need in both of us paying that each month.

So, back to the new phone: It's a Samsung SGHx427. Isn't it cute? It has a pretty good UI Design- which is most important to me. I bought it at Best Buy for $49.99. It was a good deal - the prices for phones at the Cingular store were more pricey, and you had to sign up for a 2 year contract instead of only 1. If you're shopping around for phone plans, or a new phone, check out all of your options before buying it directly from the carrier. Could save you a lot of money, or, at the very least, it's good to know you have more options.

No comments: