Thursday, December 11, 2003

Good Deed

Just so you know that I do more than just sit around, thinking about my new car.........

had a really nice experience yesterday:

I volunteered for an event hosted by The Always Dream Foundation and The Family Giving Tree for underprivileged kids. There were 60 kids in total, representing 4 different groups from around the Bay Area.

It was a very, very cool experience. The kids were able to ice-skate for an hour with Kristi. They were treated to a pizza lunch, then came the special treat: a visit from Santa. Each of the kids had a chance to sit on Santa's lap, take a picture with Santa and Kristi, and took home a couple of gifts.

The event lasted about 3 hours, and was just a great thing to be a part of.

I was so impressed with the staff of volunteers who work with these kids regularly. What a great group of people. I hope they realize what a great job they're doing.

No comments: