Tuesday, December 16, 2003

My car is being made RIGHT NOW! :)

Okay, I'm assuming that no one else out there is really interested in this, but humor me, please.

I figure I can use this as a journal for reference in the future..... :)

Latest status of my car:

Yesterday, Monday December 15, 2003: Body Shop Started
Today, Tuesday, December 16, 2003: Paint Shop Started

The guy at ASK-MINI who I just spoke with said it would be in the paint shop for a couple of days, before going to "Assembly Started" then finally "Production Completed".

I have an estimated Completion date of this Friday, December 19th.

There are two ships sailing from the port in England (Southampton) to the corresponding port here in CA (Port Hueneme - in Southern CA).

The Hyndai (!) leaves on 12/20/03, and arrives on 01/09/04. That would be spectacular, but I don't really think my car will make it on that ship.

The next ship (The Elektra) leaves Southampton on 12/29/03, and arrives in CA on 01/22/04. I think my MINI will probably be on that one.

Isn't it crazy how much information I have about the production of my car? It's really very odd, but I'm enjoying it.

What did we do without the internet? ;)

No comments: