Saturday, January 05, 2019

20 Years with Jason

Last night, Jason and had a very special evening out to celebrate our 20th Friendiversary! We met on December 4, 1998 (later that evening, I would have my first date-date with Dick!) Jason and I worked together at Camp SARK (I did the website and Jason was the production manager.) for just a few months before he moved to San Diego (and later to Chicago, and now Los Angeles).


We became fast friends, especially given that we only lived in the same city for a few short months before he moved away.


I often jokingly refer to Jason as my Gay Husband, since I met him the same day that I had my first date (not the blind date) with Dick. Over the last twenty years, we have managed to see each other at least once a year or more, and have shared so many adventures together, whether it be in San Francisco, Chicago, San Diego, Disneyland, Las Vegas, Seattle, and even in Puerto Vallarta! 


Jason started planning our special Anniversary celebration months ago, and flew from Los Angeles to SF this weekend just for the occasion. What a guy!!


We had a amazing 15-course, 3-hour meal together at Lazy Bear in SF last night to celebrate. We sat next to other couples who were celebrating milestone birthdays and wedding anniversaries, and it was fun and special to be able to tell them that we were celebrating 20 amazing years of friendship. ❤️





No comments: