Wednesday, April 11, 2018

No Agility Class for Wallace

I had a bit of a disappointing experience this morning: I had signed Wallace up a two months ago for an Intro to Agility Class. Today was the first of 6 sessions. When we arrived, the instructor pulled us aside and asked me if I understood what an Agility Class entails. I do, of course, and thought it would be something Wallace would enjoy and would be good at. I  thought maybe for high jumps, or things that may not work great for him, that they could modify it, or have us just sit out of a few things. Anyhow, we were told that because of Wallace's  3-leggedness, he could not be in the class, but they did let us stay and participate in the first session. (Wallace did great!) It's the first time that we've been told that he couldn't do something because of my amputation. I think that was a little bit of a shock to hear, and I felt bad. 

I'll find another class for us to take, because Wallace really loves the stimulation of learning new things.


I'll have to request a refund for this class, and will insist that they change the description and requirements of this class to explain that dog's with any disabilities (amputation, deaf, or blend) are not allowed in. I get it, by the way, for liability issues, etc. I would never want Wallace to be in an activity that may pose any danger of injury. But still, it's disappointing.


If you've seen Wallace run around, you know that he's very agile and very fast. He's also pretty young and energetic, so we were really hoping this class would be a good fit for him. Too bad






Sent from my iPhone- please ignore any inadvertent  autocorrect typos. :)

No comments: