Sunday, December 24, 2017

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls!!

Dick and I have been on a cinnamon roll quest in San Francisco ever since we moved back from Seattle last year. As it turns out, there are no great Cinnamon rolls in SF. There are plenty of delicious fancy morning buns, pecan rolls, sticky buns, etc, but we have yet to find a great, basic, cinnamon roll here. (Seattle has a bunch of great cinnamon roll options, for the record.)

My friend, Gina, who lives up in Woodinville (near Seattle) loves to bake, and has been making cinnamon rolls for several years. I asked her for her recipe a couple of weeks ago and decided to try it out today. I figured that I'd make a batch today, bake a few tonight for Dick and I to taste-test, and put the rest unbaked in our refrigerator. I thought if we liked how they turned out, we could bring them to my Mom and Dad's tomorrow and share them with our Family Christmas Brunch!

The two that Dick and I had tonight were delicious!! I'm super excited to share the rest with my family tomorrow. I also foresee many yummy cinnamon rolls in our future!

No comments: