Thursday, October 12, 2017

Disneyland Paris

My parents and I had all been to the Disney Paris park before, but it had been about 23 years or so since we had been. Turns out the park is celebrating 25 years this year! We all remember some things about it that we really liked from our last visit, but it had been so long that there was a lot that seemed new to us today!!

Highlights:
Beautiful entry.
The Castle
The Dragon under the Castle
"Discoveryland" (instead of Tomorrowland) done in a great Jules Verne style
"The Curious Labyrinth" Alice in Wonderland attraction was a huge maze made of tall hedges with all the characters from the story throughout. It was my favorite attraction of the day!
The Haunted Mansion is called the Phantom Manor here, and is surprisingly different in many ways fromthe ones in the US.
The Pirates of the Carribean also had many differences
Hyperspace Mountain was both amazing and surprisingly rough! There were loops and corkscrews in it that don't exist in the US versions, and it was also faster and more abrupt. A little too rough for all of us!

Cons: by far, the worst and most expensive food and selection of any Disney Park that I've been to

We had a really great time today!! The crowds were manageable, and not nearly as crowded as the last time I went to the Disney Parks in CA and Japan. So many really nice differences in this park made our visit very much worthwhile!

I'm so glad that I was able to spend the day here with my parents. It was a fun way to end our time in France together.

Dick and I fly home tomorrow morning with my Sis and Graham, while my parents are continuing on with another river cruise to Normandy.

No comments: