Thursday, September 07, 2017

Bad experience with Alaska Airlines

Oh, Alaska Airlines you've done it now: You've unleashed the Angry Little Asian Girl.


We are supposed flying to Seattle this afternoon at 3:00pm. At 12:45 you send an email to my husband (who bought our tickets) but not to me informing us that our flight that is supposed to be out of San Francisco Int'l Airport (SFO) has been changed to fly out of OAKLAND AIRPORT at roughly the same time. This information comes 10 minutes before my ride is supposed to pick me up to bring me to SFO.


F*CK You, Alaska!! I have spent the last 45 minutes scrambling to figure out how to get to Oakland airport in time for my flight. Cause you know, it's on the entirely other side of the Bay!


I decided to have my ride drop me off at the nearest BART station (because I have luggage) and am taking BART to OAK. After taking the shuttle from the BART station to the Airport, I will hopefully make it in time to board.


This is the first time I have ever booked a flight on Alaska Airlines from SFO to SEA. I'm guessing there may not be a second.


Oh, and the same thing happened to my friend, Paula Little, when she had a flight from SFO to SEA two months ago. You changed her flight to go out of San Jose and only gave her two hours notice.


F*ck this sh*t. Stupid Alaska Airline!!!

It really takes a lot to get me this pissed off.


Addendum:


We are at our gate, 5 minutes until boarding.

Still have our same seats on plane, which is nice.


Dick Craddock is being oddly Zen about the whole thing. (He took BART from work in Union Square, which he was planning to do to go to SFO anyway.).


I am totally acknowledging that this is a First World Problem. 😊


Addendum #2:

Still have not boarded. Flight now delayed.

Dick is still a Zen Master, and I'm still an Angry Little Asian Girl. 😡



No comments: