Saturday, July 29, 2017

Goodbye, Sharla

The Celebration on Sharla's life was held early this afternoon at Immigrant Point in the Presidio in San Francisco.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend, as I have a wedding of two very dear friends in Sonoma in the early evening.

Linda just sent me these photos. I burst into tears seeing them. We were at Judy's house yesterday putting the ladders, rope and photos all together. I'm so happy with how it all turned out. It's just perfect. Linda suggested that people bring their glassybaby to place along the ledge. I brought a special one from me yesterday Linda and Judy brought for me.

Immigration Point is a special place for all involved in the Immediate Impact Walk. It is where we began and ended our 3-day, 55-mile journey for the first three years. It is a beautiful spot.

It's been a rough couple of weeks. I spent part of this week at Sharla's house with our friends helping Sharla's family (who all live out of state) sort through her things, and finding new homes for certain items. I took all the extra linens and towels and pet-related items to Animal Care & Control in San Francisco. I wasn't able to help as much as others, but I was happy to help a little.

Goodbye, sweet Sharla. We all miss you so much already, and we love you.

No comments: