Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Breakfast Club 30th Anniversary Screening

Tonight I went to see "The Breakfast Club" in a theater in celebration of the film's 30th Anniversary.

I'm kind of proud to be able to say that I actually saw it 30 years ago in a theater when it first came out. I was still in high school at the time- probably between my Sophomore and Junior year.

We met for dinner at Pomegranate first, then headed to the theater for the 7:30 show. (Nicole even wore her Breakfast Club t-shirt for the occassion!) The theater was pretty full, and the entire audience was excited. Pretty cool experience to watch the movie in a theater again.

They played a short documentary at the start, with some interviews of some of the cast reflecting on the experience.

I hadn't seen the movie in several years. It really stands up to the test of time. Still an outstanding film.

No comments: