Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Snowflake Lane

Snowflake Lane is a ten-year tradition in front of the Bellevue Mall, which is only a five minute walk from our apartment. It's a 20 minute production, full of drummers, dancers, costumed characters, music and even (fake) snow!! They close the two or three blocks in front of the mall, and people line up along the sidewalks to get a good view.

I saw the show very briefly last year, but it was during the week that I was unpacking all of our stuff at the new apartment, and we were just heading out to dinner in the same area. I was a little distracted and frazzled, so wasn't able to really enjoy it.

Tonight, I went with Gina who has been to see the show several times already in the last two weeks. (it runs from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas.) Dick was uninterested in going with me, so I'm really happy to have a friend who wanted to go with me.

It was really fun, and a pretty impressive production. It's almost like being on Main Street in Disneyland. It was pretty crowded tonight. Gina said it's the largest crowd she's seen so far, and I imagine it'll only get more busy each day as we draw closer and closer to Christmas.

If I can, I'll try to go one more time before we leave for San Francisco this weekend.


The Jingle Belles at the start of the parade


here come the drummers!


Snow!






Gina and Trina


one of my favorite details: after the drummers are finished with their part on the street, they climb on the drums lining the streets and play on top of them. That's a toy drummer on the opposite side. Cute!




The Snowstorm Drummers have a stage (and snow) of their very own - very fun!


Gina and the Polar Bear

No comments: