Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meg & David's Wedding

Congratulations to Meg and David, and all of their kids!

Dick's sister, Meg, and her fiance, David, entered a local radio station contest earlier this year, and won a contest for a free wedding! They were married this afternoon in a lovely ceremony in front of their closest friends and family.

Dick and I arrived fairly early, and waited inside the room where the ceremony was to take place. We noticed a long table set up near the entrance with lots of equipment, and eventually realized that it was the radio station staff, getting ready to broadcast the wedding on the radio! About 15 minutes before the ceremony was to start, someone from the station came over to our area and asked if anyone wanted to be interviewed. I balked at first, but then Dick said, "Trina should do it! She's good at this stuff!"

So, there I went - I was handed a microphone, told how closely I should hold it to my mouth, and instructed to sit down. Next thing I knew, I was being interviewed LIVE on the radio! So funny. They had heard that Dick and I had come "all the way from San Francisco" and wanted to know why we were here, and how I knew the couple. I explained the the bride is my husband's sister, so of course we would make the trip out. They asked how long I had known the couple, and if I had any favorite stories to share. I mostly spoke about what a great family they were, and how they had "blended" their two families so well. David has 3 kids from a previous marriage, and Meg has two. I've always been very impressed with how well all of them get along and have formed a really amazing family together. They also complimented my dress, which I thanked them for, and I had to hold my tongue to not announce to them that I had bought it on ebay. ;) (Dick thinks that I should have, and that it would have made a good story!)


here i am being interviewed live for the radio show

The ceremony was quite lovely. It had moments sweetness (the wedding party consisted of Meg and David's five children), laughter (when the minister/radio jockey said something along the lines of "We're so glad you are all here - those of you who are here with us, as well as all of you in Radioland!") and lots of tears (at times, all 5 of the kids, the bride and the groom were all teary).


Meg and David's kids, and the ministers waiting for the bride and groom


Meg and David reciting their vows

And now I must speak about the hors d'oeurves - they served the most interactive hors d'oeurves I've ever seen. It was called a "Pork Puppy", which was a hush puppy filled with pullled pork. It was topped with a tube filled with BBQ sauce that, once squeezed, infused the pork with the BBQ sauce. Yummy and fun!


"Pork Puppies and Sweet Tea"

Congrats again to Meg and David, and to their entire family!! It was wonderful to see these two families come together as one. We wish you all a lifetime of happiness together!!

No comments: