Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One, 21 Screens

Yay!! I have window screens! (21, to be exact!)

You may know that I have an aversion to bugs and insects. Partly because of the creepy-crawly factor, but also because I tend to be allergic to any and all insect bites. If I'm in the vicinity of an insect that bites, it will find me, and I will be swelled-up and itchy for several days.

Case in point:
The Case of the Mysterious Bug Bite and Another Mysterious Bite (or, is it?)

Because of my aversion to all things buggy, I am a big fan of window screens.

Our new house didn't come with any screens, so I placed an order with a local company to have 21 of them custom made.

The screens were just installed this morning, and boy am I happy! I'm also happy that we're finally getting decent weather, so I am able to open up the windows and let the fresh air into the house! Yay!


21 Screens

The screens are all really well made, and fit each window very well. I was a little concerned that they might take away a bit from the clarity of the view from the window, but it's not a problem at all. The screens don't obstruct the view at all.



I ordered the screens from Lucas Gilmans Kitchen & Baths in San Francisco. Lucas did a great job both with the quality of the construction of each screen, as well as the installation. He said this is the largest order he's completed so far.

No comments: