Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Glass Blowing Class!!

I took a break from unpacking/organizing the new house today and took a really cool Glass Blowing Class with my Mom and my Sister!

My sister signed us up for a great deal on Groupon a couple of months ago. We signed up for a 4-hour Glass Blowing Class at Revere Glass School in Berkeley. It was fantastic!

There were only 4 student spots for each class, so it was just the three of us, one other student, and the instructor. Really nice 1-1 instruction.

I'd never worked with glass before, but I've always wanted to try. The experience was really fantastic and interesting. I think it may be the most technical art form that I've tried yet. It took a little bit to get the hang of the technique, but I managed eventually. I can certainly see how one's technique would improve over time and experience, and how it could become easily addicting!

I spoke with the owner of the studio who said the Groupon campaign was very successful for them, and that they plan to offer another deal in March of 2011. We'll look for it! (we paid $99 for a 4-hour class, which would usually cost $220)

I look forward to going to the studio again and learning (and creating!) more!


Mom and Sis heating the glass tubes


Mom's technique



our instructor demonstrates how to blow a glass ball


my creations from the day

No comments: