Tuesday, September 01, 2009

My Mid-West Vacation, Day 1

I'm on V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!!

I flew into Chicago last night, and I'm staying with my friend, Tammy, in the suburbs. I have a lot of friends in this area, and I'm trying to make my rounds - it's one of my favorite kinds of vacations.

My morning started off fairly early (for this Pacific Standard Time Girl). I met Eileen in a Starbucks in Elgin at 9:00am. We were able to visit for an hour and a half before she had to take off for work. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo (WHAT?!). Sorry, Eileen! We haven't seen each other for almost a year and a half, but joked that we were pretty up to date on each other's happenings through Facebook! :)

Next, I drove to Schaumburg (of Guardsmen fame!) and met Christy and her little boy, Donovan, for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Christy and I were really close when we marched together in a guard in Madison, WI, in 1992 and 1993. We were bus partners, even. :) One of our grandest adventures was when were drove (with my sister, too) from Madison back to CA. What a great road trip that was! Shockingly, we lost touch, and probably haven't seen each other in about 14 years or so. Crazy. Regardless, when we saw each other today, it was as if no time had passed at all. I love friendships like that! Her little boy, Donovan, is amazing, and I'm completely enamored with him. We had a great time at lunch, then waltzed around the Woodfield Mall for hours. I'm SO glad to have Christy back in my life again.


Christy and Donovan

I came back to Tammy's house, and we had a lovely grilled dinner. I've lucked out - the weather is really perfect this week. Hope it keeps up! After dinner, Tammy and her Mom introduced me to the Wii. Hard to believe, but I've never played one before. It should come as no surprise to anyone that I LOVED it! I'm trying to figure out why Dick and I don't have one of these things! We played carnival games, we bowled, played a little tennis, and baseball. Super fun!

Here's a photo of my little Wii avatar (is that what they call it?). Pretty cute!


Wii Trina

Tomorrow wil be another fun-filled day of visiting friends! I have plans to go downtown and hook up with the fabulous Jason Heidemann!

No comments: