Monday, June 22, 2009

Pilates at Home

Or, "How you, too, can bring Blane home with you!"

My friend, Blane, is a pilates instructor, and has his own pilates studio in San Francisco: Parkside Pilates. I've been taking lessons from him for over 7 yeas now (wow).

I usually take individual lessons from him on the reformer, but have participated in a few of his Springboard classes as well.

A few months ago, Blane told me that he was filming a training DVD for a new piece of equipment that was meant to be used at home. The product is called "Tower on the Go™", and is a modified version of the Springboard which can be easily used at home. It seems as if it was just recently made available!

There's a sample clip of the instructional DVD where you can watch Blane give directions on how to use the equipment for a 60-minute workout. Very Cool!

This piece of equipment is meant to wrap around any standard sized door in your home. I was trying to figure out if I have any doors in my house where I could attach the equipment, have enough floor space for the workout, and also have a TV/monitor nearby to play the DVD on. Believe it or not, only 1 door in the entire house fits the bill! I'm glad I was able to figure out at least one!

I'm going to order the equipment over the next few days. It'll be very cool to work this into my at-home workout. (I only see Blane at the studio once a week.)

Congratulations to Blane! This is very exciting!

No comments: