Monday, September 22, 2008

BEST Music. Video. Ever.

Last Wednesday, we went out with a bunch of friends to ROE to see Graham play in Jonathan Douglas' Band.

Jonathan does a really nice acoustic version of A-ha's Take on Me.

Our friend, Ayumi, had never seen the music video of Take on Me before. The rest of us were simply raving at it - how great and beautiful the animation was, how ground-breaking it was at the time, and how so many people think of the video when they hear the song play.

Apparently, Ayumi remembered to look the video up on youtube today, and sent us the link. I hadn't seen this video in SO many years, but I'm happy to say that it really holds up! The animation is really fantastic. Plus, come on, who doesn't love this song?

I'm probably totally dating myself when I say this, but I still think it must be one of the best music videos of all time. (not that I've watched any music videos in the last 20 years or so...)

No comments: