Friday, December 01, 2006

World AIDS Day

Support World AIDS Day Today is World AIDS Day. I choose to recognize this day by remembering the many friends that I have known over the years who have been affected by this disease. As someone who has been involved in the arts and performing arts for most of my life, I've known too many people who have suffered from this disease for too many years.

I also commemorated this day by re-reading this letter that was written for, and read at my friend Al's memorial service in 2003. This is one small thing that I can do to honor the memory of my friends, and remember the amount of impact that this disease has had on our world.

It is my wish that someday, (hopefully within our lifetime), there will be a cure. Until then, we must continue to remember those we have lost, help those who are currently affected, educate to prevent, and continue to generate funds for research.

No comments: