Monday, November 13, 2006

Musical Memories

This morning, as I was driving Dick to the CalTrain station (I drive him when it rains) we heard a song on the radio that triggered a very funny memory.

We were listening to a station that plays predominantly 70s and 80s songs, and the song was "Heaven" by Bryan Adams.

At first my head-full-o'-useless-trivia thought it was the theme song from the 80s Kevin Costner movie, "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves". I quickly remembered that that was yet another bad Bryan Adams song from the early-mid 80s.

But I digress...

This song, "Heaven" triggered the memory I had of Kimi and I talking in the bandroom during our freshman year of high-school. We were 13. (and yes, we were band geeks) I remember her coming in a bit distraught because some other freshman student, or possibly a sophomore had declared his "love" for her by referencing this song. Unfortunately for him, Kimi did not return his feelings. Poor guy - she probably broke his 15 year old heart.

I hadn't thought of this story, or this song in many, many years. It really makes me laugh, though.

Kimi, do you remember this story at all?

Isn't it great how music can stir us so many memories of life?

No comments: