Saturday, September 24, 2005

Thanks, I needed that...

Okay, I admit it. I've been a little stressed lately, and feeling slightly overwhelmed by this wedding planning stuff. It's all good, and certainly all under control, but every once in a while I'm on edge more than I'd like to admit. We essentially have two weeks to go, and we're down to the nitty-gritty details. I'm very happy with all that we've done so far, and how organized it's all been, but now I find myself thinking about small details which I know in the end, won't matter at all. Let's face it: the important thing to remember is that a) we're getting married (yay), b) we'll be surrounded by most of our closest friends and families (who are coming from near and far!) and c) I'm absolutely positive that everyone, including Dick and me, will have a great day.

With that said, we took a HUGE walk this afternoon - we got out and enjoyed the sunshine, and got some great exercise. Today was another one of those perfect San Francisco Days (which we haven't had enough of lately - especially for this time of the year). It was crystal clear, and in the mid-70s. We walked from our house in the Castro, over 17th Street, up the Vulcan Steps, to the top of Buena Vista Park (gorgeous) down to Haight Street, had a slice of pizza at Escape from New York, then headed into Golden Gate Park, all the way to the Conservatory of Flowers. We admired the view there for a while, then walked back up Stanyon to Cole Street, and caught the N Judah train back to Dubuce and Noe. We actually had an SF Celebrity Sighting while waiting for the N Judah: A gentleman walked passed us, and Dick asked me "Do you know who that guy was?" I answered, "Was that Craig Newmark?". He was pretty impressed that I guessed correctly. I guess that was more of a "Geek Celebrity Sighting". :)

So we were out and about enjoying the fresh air and beautiful weather for about 4 hours today. I think I really needed that - I'm feeling much better now :)

Oh, and BTW, I'm going to the Green Day Concert tonight with my sister! Oh Yeah, baby!

No comments: