Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Kitty Litter Boxes

(how's that for a fun topic?)

It was bound to happen eventually: our LitterMaid litter box died this past weekend. from what I hear, we're lucky that it lasted as long as it did - over 4 years.

I was getting ready to order a new one, when I read a review about The Litter Robot. We had a lot of problems with the LitterMaid, but just made due: it got jammed often, and would repeat it's cycle until it was manually fixed, the motor isn't as strong as it used to be, and the rake had to be cleaned often. It certainly had it's problems, but it was a lot better than scooping after our two kitties every day!

The Litter Robot claims to eliminate all of these problems. I just read through the testimonials on the site, and it seems as if a lot of the users are people who used to use LitterMaid boxes, and thought this one was much better. It's supposed to clean better, be easier to clean, doesn't require any special waste bins (you can use plastic grocery bags) it's quieter, and more sanitary. It also seems like LitterMaid boxes tend to break down easily (I had to replace Claude's within a year). The Litter Robot comes with a 30-day trial period, and an 18 month warranty. Not Bad. It's pretty pricey, but if it does the job well, it'll be well worth the $$.

Plus, it just seems kind of cool. At first, I thought it looked kind of space-age-y - like the escape pod from Star Wars. I have fantasy visions in my head of Marcel and Noe reenacting the escape pod scene from Episode IV.

I placed my order this morning, and I think it'll be shipped within the next week or so. More later....

No comments: