Monday, February 11, 2019

Platelet Donation

Monthly Platelet Donation. I was just informed by the staff that they believe I have the highest platelet count of any of their donors in San Francisco. 😳 Not that this is something to be competitive about (there's nothing that can be done to intentionally increase one's platelet count), but Wow! My most recent platelet count is 541, but it has been recorded as high as 678 (almost 4 years ago in the Seattle area when I was actually turned away because it was too high). Average normal-high is 250-350.


What does this mean when I donate? I can donate two units of platelets in less than half the time that it would normally take a donor to donate one unit. (Today's donation will take 50 minutes.) Win-Win!


 


Sent from my iPhone- please ignore any inadvertent  autocorrect typos. :)

No comments: