Friday, March 02, 2018

Instant Pot Yogurt!!!!

I made homemade yogurt in my Instant Pot!!! What?! That's a crazy statement, right? I mean, I've made oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, muscles, chicken, Pho, and Creme Brûlée (and a few other things!) but Yogurt?! Crazy!!

What's even crazier: it was ridiculously easy, and I think it's even the best yogurt I've ever had!

So simple!! I followed this recipe for Cold Start Yogurt:


In a nutshell: one bottle of Fairlife Milk (I used 2%) The milk must be ultra-pasteurized, and this brand is also extra filtered. I chose to use one can of sweetened condensed milk (for sweetness) and two tablespoons of plain yogurt for the starter.

Mix everything together, then put in Instant Pot on the "Yogurt" setting for 8 hours.

When it is done, chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.

That's it!! I added some if our Plum Jam to mine, and it was phenomenal!!!


All the ingredients: Milk, condensed milk and yogurt



set for 8 hours in the Instant Pot



The yogurt has been incubating for 8 hours



passing the spoon test after incubation



after spending the night setting in the fridge



look how thick the yogurt is when scooping it out!



adding some Plum Jam



Yum!!

No comments: