Friday, February 19, 2016

Finally- a new iPhone!!

After a very frustrating customer service experience at the AT&T store (Bellevue Square) Tues evening, I was delighted and impressed with the exceptional customer service we received from Jimmy at the Apple Store (Bellevue Square) today!! Not only did he help me upgrade to an iPhone 6s, but he also helped solve an issue I've had with my Apple ID that's been a nuisance for years, AND he gave me $200 instant trade in for my iPhone 5!!

Kudos to Jimmy for restoring my faith in customer service!!

A multi-part blog post coming soon on:

- My terrible experience at AT&T when they refused to honor a gift card, and why we may switch to Verizon
- Apple Store FTW, and kudos to our guy, Jimmy!
- Oh, the joys of getting new hardware and all the problems that go into restoring all if your old files onto it. (A problem I've been working on all afternoon, and still trying to get through!)

No comments: