Thursday, July 09, 2015

The day we were interviewed about Washington State Potatoes

I forgot to post about this two days ago when it happened, but it's pretty blog-worthy, so I wanted to be sure to get it in.

Gina and I were at the Calico Cupboard for breakfast Tuesday morning. This cute little restaurant is located in Mt. Vernon, which is about an hour and twenty minutes away, driving. We were in the area because we had some outlet shopping to do, and have been to the restaurant before. They have really delicious food and our favorite cinnamon rolls around! (we usually bring one home each to share with our husbands.)

Anyway, we were eating our delicious breakfasts (a country bowl, which is sausage gravy over biscuits, topped with an egg and potatoes) when I noticed a film crew filming us from the top of the stairs. A bit later, they came over to our table to ask if we would mind being interviewed on camera for an online food site. I'm not sure what the site is, but it's something about local Washington State Foods.

We talked about cinnamon rolls and potatoes - once we learned that the segment was trying to feature the local potatoes! So funny. We told them that we drive all the way from Bellevue for their breakfast and cinnamon rolls.


the film crew


Gina, being interviewed

I didn't find out what the website was, but when we left the restaurant, we saw this van parked outside, so I'm guessing we should keep our eye out on potatoes.com. I'll keep you posted.


potato.com!

No comments: