Friday, April 03, 2015

Homemade Cappuccino Blast!!

One of my Mom's and my favorite warm-weather treat is a Cappuccino Blast from Baskin Robbins. We've treated ourselves to these yummy concoctions for several years. It's a bit surprising, as I drink/like coffee. They used to make a decaf version, but no longer. I try to stay away from caffeine, so try not to have these too often.

With my love of my Blendtec blender, I decided to look up a copycat recipe for this drink.

Most recipes that I found were for two drinks, so I halved it for one.

Here's what I tried:

1/2 cup brewed coffee (decaf for me)
1/2 cup milk (we use 2% low fat)
One small scoop vanilla ice cream
1 cup of ice

I put all the ingredients in my Blendtec and blended on high for about 10 seconds. I added a bit more ice to get the consistency right.

I noticed a few recipes I found call for additional sugar. (1/3 cup for two servings, so about 2 Tbs) I didn't do that, but I can see how it may decrease the bitterness of the coffee. 

You can also garnish was some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Anyhow: success!! Pretty good for the first try, and very satisfying.

No comments: