Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chow on Board!

I'm in Stockton, visiting my Grandma today. My Dad is here, visiting
too. :)

I was helping my Dad load some stuff into his trunk when I spotted
something that I hadn't seen in in many, many years. (at least 15
years!)

Tucked away in against the side of a crate that my parents keep in
their truck, I saw the instantly recognizable "Chow on Board" sign!

Way back in the mid-80s everyone had these yellow plastic signs stuck
on their car rear windows that said "Baby on Board!". I suppose the
idea was that people would drive more carefully if they knew a baby
was in the car in front of them. ;)

I think we found this "Chow on Board" sign at a local pet store. We
all thought it was hysterical. I think we kept it in/on our car for
several years.

I had forgotten all about the sign until my high school friend,
Christina, mentioned it to me a few months ago on Facebook. It had
been so long since I had seen it, I assumed it was long gone, never to
be seen again...

So, I was obviously pleasantly surprised when I spotted it in my Dad's
trunk today.

For the record, it still cracks me up. :)

No comments: