Saturday, July 18, 2009

The day I got a really good "Andy Bounce"

We play golf regularly with our friend, Andy.

Andy is a very good golfer, but he also manages to get quite lucky. Andy has been known to hit a ball, and have it bounce off the ground, a tree, a pole... whatever, and not only bounce back onto the fairway, but also have it end up closer to the pin than he would have if it hadn't it anything at all.

This is known as "The Andy Bounce".

When a ball has an unfortunate bounce which bounces away from the fairway, or puts you further behind than you would otherwise be, is referred to a "Bad Bounce".

Typically, I'll catch a bad bounce.

But today, on hole 6 of Fleming, I caught a really great Andy Bounce off my tee shot.

I hit the ball with my driver, so it went pretty far, but slightly to the right.
Not only did it bounce off a tree, but it also bounced on the sidewalk, which catapulted my ball further forward, and in the center of the fairway! I was probably only about 20-30 yards from the green. (the pin was roughly 170 yards away)

So, this was a great start. Lucky, but great for me, nonetheless. :)

I chipped the ball onto the green, then had a really nice putt into the hole.
It was the first time that I made par on this hole, so I was pretty excited.

Hurray for the "Andy Bounce"! :)

No comments: