Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Diet Coke Birdie

The velociraptors (my sister's two cockatiels) have been staying with us for the last couple of months.

They've got a pretty good set-up in our guest bedroom/Raggedy Ann room/"compromise" room. I've got sheets covering the bed, doll cases, etc., and they've got free run. Bonsai flies around a bit, just to stretch his wings once or twice a day, but Crissy is 29 years old, and hasn't flown in quite some time.

They've got what I call "birdie condos" set up on the bed. One paper bag, one 12-pack soda box, and a "double-wide" 24-can Diet Coke box. They basically just hang out and sleep and play in one of their condos for several hours a day. (we've got toys for them to chew on and play with, too.)

This is a picture I snapped of Crissy a couple of weeks ago in his/her Diet Coke box, peeking out of one of the slits on the side. The slightly-obscure nature of it cracks me up.

No comments: