Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Old One"

Earlier this year, I developed an unfortunate case of tendinitis in both of my arms.

Apparently, there's such a thing called golf elbow, which is pretty similar to tennis elbow. It got really bad in September, so I've been laying off the golf, and trying not to lift heavy objects, etc, since then.

I saw a doctor about it a few weeks back - that's when I got the official word that I had tendinitis in both arms. He told me to take 600mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day for 7 days. He said it should feel better at the end of that time, but that I would still need to keep off of it for a while. For the record, it is feeling better, but I think I still have a ways to go.

What bothers me about this is that I hate not having full use of my arms. I'm used to being able to lift heavy things, and being self-sufficient.

Actually, what really bothers me is that I did color guard for over 10 years without (thankfully) developing tendinitis on my wrists or my elbows (like many of my friends had) but 8 months of golf, and BAM!

Of course, this is just one life's not-so-friendly reminders that I'm getting old.
Bummer.

Getting older, I don't mind. I just don't want my body to start falling apart. :(

I've been using this great Elbow Ice Wrap for the past several months. It works really well.

It's by a brand called "Cold One" and the name is written across the strap of the wrap.

This morning, as I was putting it on, the "C" fell off from the name.

Now I'm wearing a brace that says "OLD ONE".

How ironic, yet appropriate.

No comments: