Thursday, November 13, 2008

My "Sideshow Bob" Plants

The plants for our backyard were delivered last Thursday, and placed for inspection by the designers on Friday. Our contractor is taking a pre-planned vacation this week, so we're in a bit of a holding pattern until she returns.

The weather has been so nice lately, that I've been going out to the backyard, enjoying the peace and quiet. Even though the job is not finished yet (probably another couple of weeks, easily) I really enjoy looking at the plants, and visualizing the final product.

One of my favorite plants out there is called a Foxtail Fern. That's its standard common name.

I like to refer to it (or them, as we have 4) as my "Sideshow Bob" Plants.

Why?

It's the first thing that I thought of when I first saw them. It's as if someone took Sideshow Bob (from the Simpsons, in case you didn't know) and planted the poor guy in a pot up to the top of his head.

See for yourself:

Sideshow Bob


Sideshow Bob Plants

No comments: