Sunday, June 22, 2008

Today's Top Choice Open House


I think I'm in love

I found a listing for this house online during the week, and saw that it was going to be open this afternoon. We made it a point to make time to see it today.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a sucker for well-loved and well maintained Victorian Houses, but really, this was one of my favorites yet.

It's a Queen Anne House built sometime before 1900. It has the most amazing (I'm guessing original) wainscoting, molding, floors, and period details - down to the hardware on the doors.

I especially loved the kitchen. I think it's one of the best jobs I've seen of a kitchen remodel that stays true to the style of the house, while incorporating modern conveniences.

One of my favorite parts of the house, which can't be seen in any photos in the MLS listing is the 1/2 bath whose door was camouflaged within the kitchen cabinetry at the far end of the kitchen. That's some great attention to detail.

What a beauty of a house. It always makes me happy to know that there are such well preserved and maintained old houses out there. I think I've been seeing too many of the contemporary/modern houses with Victorian facades lately. This one was the real deal.

No comments: