Friday, December 02, 2005

A Day at the Circus!

Wednesday evening, I got a call from my sister offering me last-minute comp tickets to the new Cirque du Soleil show, "Corteo". The tickets were for Thursday's 4:00pm show here in San Francisco. My sister also had the idea to offer tickets to my cousin Bruce and his family, so I gave him a call.

Bruce and his wife couldn't make it, and we decided that a Cirque show may be a little scary for Abigail, but my 9-year old neice Evelyn could make it :)

Surprisingly, Evie has never been to a circus before, so this was a big treat for both of us. I explained to her that Cirque du Soleil is a French Circus, and not a "traditional" circus with animals and clowns. Personally, I'm not a fan of a traditional circus anyway. It probably has something to do with my family witnessing an acrobat fall to her death during a circus when I was in second grade. (don't worry Mom and Dad - no scars here! ;) )

Bruce and Robin dropped Evie off at my house after school, and we drove to the Big Top! Once we got there, we loaded up on popcorn, cotton candy and soda, then headed into the tent.

We had a lot of fun, and we both enjoyed the show. I thought was a good Cirque show - I'm lucky enough to have been to several, and I thought that this one offered a lot of new ideas and acts. I especially enjoyed the acts with the trampoline beds, and the jugglers. (gotta love a good juggler!)

Evie and I took a few pictures of our adventure. This is my favorite one. Check out that stash of sweets that she's holding onto! I asked her if we would get in trouble for getting all this candy - she assured me that it would be okay! What kind of Auntie would I be if I didn't spoil her a little and load her up on sweets at the circus?

No comments: