Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Postcard Design

One thing I really love about the work I do is that it gives me the opportunity to work on all kinds of different and creative projects.

I spent the day with my friend Andrew today. Andrew is the guest curator for an exhibit at the Cartoon Art Museum called Raggedy Ann and Friends: The Art of Johnny Gruelle.

Andrew and I first met in 1988 when he co-curated an exhibit for Raggedy Ann's 70th Birthday at the Oakland Museum. I was only 18 at the time, and he was the first Raggedy Ann collector (besides myself, of course) that I had ever met. His wonderful exhibit really had an affect on me. We became friends when I moved to San Francisco in 1995.

I'm very excited to see how this show turns out. Andrew has so much knowledge, and so many resources. (not to mention an incredible collection of his own) I'm also happy to share that I will be loaning a few of my own art pieces to the show: I have an original Johnny Gruelle pen & ink drawing (my pride and joy of my collection) as well as an animation layout drawing, and a couple original animation cels.

Andrew asked if I would be interested to volunteer my skills/time to design the promotional postcard for the exhibit. Of course, I told him I would be delighted to help out!

We were both very pleased with the final product.




BTW, in case you didn't know, I collect Raggedy Ann dolls and related art.

No comments: